ARTICLE III – from our Constitution
This Church believes that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is our Savior and Lord, and therefore confesses that “no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” (I Cor. 3: 11)
The Basic Faith:
- We believe in one God, eternally existing and manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 17: 3; Matthew 28: 19)
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, “The only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth”, born of the Virgin Mary, His perfect humanity, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection from the dead and His personal triumphant return. (John 1: 14)
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead; the saved to eternal life and the lost to judgment and everlasting punishment. (John 3: 36; II Thessalonians 1: 9)
- We believe in the Holy Bible as the message of divine inspiration and therefore our guide in matters of Christian faith and life. (II Timothy 3: 16)
The Spiritual Life:
- We believe that Christ lived and taught the way of life as recorded in Scripture, which is God’s plan for men; and that it becomes disciples of Christ to live in this way, thus manifesting in their personal life and social relationships the love and holiness of God. We believe that the Christian life will express itself in nonconformity to the world in life and conduct.
- We believe that the Christian Church consists of believers who have repented from their sins, have accepted Christ by faith and are born again, and sincerely endeavor, by the grace of God, to live the Christian life.
- We believe in prayer as fellowship with God, as an expression of desire to be in His will, and as a source of divine power.
- We believe that baptism shall be administered upon repentance from sin and confession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the brotherhood of the redeemed under the fatherhood of God in Christ.
As members of the Body of Christ we expect our members to live the life of discipleship as is becoming of those who have heeded the high calling of God in Jesus Christ His Son to a new life under the guidance of His Holy Spirit dwelling within them.